The SPOT On Hiring System™
HIRE WELL THE FIRST TIME
through this step by step process based on over 5,000 interviews
Without an objective process most people hire on gut feel...
...which will give you a stomach ache for years to come!
The SPOT ON™ Hiring System is a proven methodology designed to objectively and efficiently test candidates for their suitability to the role using the
SPOT On Success Profile™.
The SPOT On Hiring System™ includes:
The SPOT On Success Profile™ Short Course - everything you need to develop a great success profile - THE KEY to a great interview process
A step by step process with detailed instruction to conduct an objective, efficient and effective hiring process
Sample pre-screening and post-interview on the job assessments
Tips on reviewing resumes, using online profiles and conducting reference checks
An interview guide with sample scripts
A questions bank with behavioral and situational questions for 60 attributes
In depth video instruction on how to use the all of this
Who will benefit from the SPOT On Hiring System™?
Hiring managers, HR professionals and Talent Acquisition Specialists who:
- Have less than an 85% success rate hiring new staff
- Would like a proven, comprehensive, objective and efficient system to test candidates for suitability beyond the interview process
- Would like to hone their interview skills
Ready to join us?
This workshop is currently being delivered through virtual, real-time training.
It will be available as an on-demand virtual training August 31st, 2020.
Register your interest below!
Or call us now to chat with Kim for more information:
1300 858 631 (AU) 512-333-4587 (US)
Leela Cosgrove, CEO, Strategic Anarchy
“Okay, I knew your stuff was gold — but your stuff is GOLD!
After all of the interviews and back and forth, we ended up hiring someone for the Digital Content Production role who is perfect. . . normally, we would have hired one of the other two guys we were looking at. But after writing out the SPOT On™ and going through it with them, we realized he was the right choice.
Meanwhile, one of the other guys has a solid sales background, so we offered him a BDM role. Wrote out the JD. Offered him a totally reasonable — and quite high — package. And he flipped. He couldn’t cope with the fact we weren’t telling him day-to-day what he had to do. He couldn’t cope with the fact that his KPIs were mandated from the outset.
So, we decided not to hire him. Saving ourselves not only a $90k base salary — but what would have been a nightmare couple of months working with someone who didn’t want to do the work.
Everyone in the company is in awe. We’re all like ’OMG! WE HAVE A SYSTEM THAT WORKS!’
So THANK YOU — your stuff has been hugely beneficial.”
We teach you how to:
- Create a SPOT On™ Success Profile to help you define and articulate the attributes a candidates needs to succeed in the role.
- Plan and prepare for an objective, evidence-based interview.
- Design and conduct pre-screening activities to help you shortlist and spend less time interviewing unsuitable candidates.
- Screen resumes. Learn what to look for (and more importantly) what not to read to avoid forming incorrect, preconceived ideas which can cause you to make the wrong hiring decision based on incorrect, unsubstantiated information.
- Structure evidence-based interview questions which are designed to get the candidate to tell you what they’ve done in the past - as opposed to what they think you want to hear.
- Learn how to hold the candidates' feet to the fire, so they give you honest, evidence-based answers.
- Avoid the 3 common mistakes that most hiring managers make.
- Structure a consistent, effective and efficient interview so that you can gain the most relevant information in the least amount of time, accelerating the interview process and helping you to move fast on top talent with multiple opportunities.
- Structure and conduct online and offline activities or evaluations that test relevant skills and abilities required for the role.
- Plan, prepare and conduct full and complete reference checks that give you an accurate picture of the candidates' strengths and red flags for the role.
- Manage through the ‘grey period’ from selection to start date to ensure that a “yes” translates into a new starter.
Jamie Shelton, CEO Northrop Consulting Engineers
“I appreciate Kim's ability to break down complex concepts into understandable, relatable and practical models and frameworks that we can all apply directly to finding and keeping good people - something that doesn't come naturally to our engineers.”
Serge Infanti, Managing Director at Foodco Group (Muffin Break, Jamaica Blue, Dreamy Donuts)
“The quality of your program is excellent and equal to anything I have seen in the market. However, it is your commitment, professionalism, and passion that was far beyond my expectations and what made the experience such a positive one for all. You have established an excellent rapport with the Foodco team, so much so that they think of you as one of the staff!”
Kaylene Little, Head of People and Communities, Tassal Group, Limited
“I reflect on all of our interactions and I have always felt that when we are working on something together, we have your undivided attention and commitment. You bring your vast and varied expertise to the table in a value-adding non-judging manner and your positive nature is not only uplifting but infectious. There is not one interaction that we have had (which has now been many) that I can honestly say that I do not feel this way about our connection. A true gift.”
Daniela Burton, Human Resources Advisor, CARDNO
“The Ignite team have delivered several training courses to our management group. On each occasion, the feedback received has been fantastic, with the course exceeding expectations. Ignite’s training is both informative and engaging, inspiring participants to utilize the tools and techniques presented. Kim is an exceptional presenter who is impressive in her delivery and shares a wealth of knowledge within her field of expertise.”
The SPOT On Hiring System™ was built by Ignite Global’s CEO, Kim Seeling Smith after spending 15 years working as an international recruiter and helping thousands of organizations hire great staff.
Kim’s fall off ratio (the percentage of people who do not work out after placement) was consistently 2% during that 15 years - industry standard is 10%. Kim attributes this achievement, in part, to using this system to help her clients identify and hire better candidates faster.
You can use this same system to make your hiring more efficient and effective - saving you time, money and frustration!
About Kim Seeling Smith
Kim Seeling Smith is the CEO of Ignite Global and a leading NOW Work expert (because the Future of Work arrived on Friday the 13th of March 2020 when COVID-19 thrust us into a new reality more quickly than anyone had predicted).
Kim is a regular commentator for The Today Show, Forbes, CNBC Online, the Australian Financial Review, the Sydney Morning Herald and many other print and radio media outlets.
Kim is the author of Mind Reading for Managers: 5 FOCUSed Conversations for Greater Employee Engagement and Productivity and has been recognized by Richard Branson’s 100% Human at Work Initiative for the innovative, yet practical work Ignite Global does to help businesses solve the very complex challenges around the Now of Work.
Kim is also an avid master SCUBA diver who cares deeply about the world’s oceans. Her time spent underwater helps reinforce her understanding of global connectivity and the importance of corporate sustainability.
In demand media commentator
About Ignite Global
We help future-focused organizations build and retain the workforce they need to thrive in the Decade of Disruption - what many are calling the period from now to 2030.
COVID-19 will hopefully be the most significant disruption of this decade, but the futurists, demographers and economists will tell you it certainly won’t be the last.
To not only survive - but to thrive - organizations need 6 things:
- A compelling, customer/community-oriented purpose with a strong set of values that are used in hiring, accountability and decision making.
- Collaborative leadership capable of making smart decisions with incomplete information and being able to pivot quickly and effectively when those decisions are proven to be incorrect (and some will).
- Open, honest, transparent communication built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
- A simple framework used to set and hold people accountable for great performance.
- Managers who prioritize their team over their ‘day job’. Who form deep relationships with staff, studying and meeting their needs (or managing their expectations when they do not).
- The willingness to reimagine old school practices and processes that simply no longer work.
We help you accomplish the above through:
- Our Future/Now of Work Gap Analysis
- Strategic planning and facilitation with C Suites or Boards of Directors
- Our 3 signature programs:
- The SPOT On™ Success Profile: THE KEY to helping you hire well the first time and hold staff accountable for great performance.
- The SPOT On™ Hiring System: A step by step framework, training and customizable forms and other assets o help you plan, prepare and conduct an effective and efficient hiring process.
- Mind Reading for Managers: 5 FOCUSed Conversations for Greater Employee Engagement and Productivity: A monthly 1:1 conversational structure with a 7 year track record of increasing employee engagement and retention.